Tuesday 4 September 2018

The Summer walk: 04-09-2018

This week's blog entry comes from an unexpected source (many thanks to Osian for helping it reach the editor) .....

What has thirteen bodies and 32 legs? An AONB NCV summer walk with a twist.

So, I’m in a cage in the back of car going to Bewerley Park, apparently. The next thing I know I’m looking at a load of bipeds putting on walking boots, don’t know what they need those for, and before I know it we’re walking up a road towards a place someone called Nought Moor.

There are 10 of these bipeds, but more importantly two other guys I’m quite keen to sniff out.

After a bit of an uphill sprint - for us fluff-meisters anyway - and off-path walking through heather and bracken, some of the bipeds are a bit tired and have something called a tea break talking about a bridge installation and how good the flagstones they laid look. Me, I’m just here for the dip in the stream and the strokes. No snacks for me, or my new mates, I notice.


 Anyway it's off again over flattish land. Oooh, there are some sheep! I just quite can't reach them. 


Bipeds are saying something about how nice the weather and view are. I can't see anything except heather and bracken. 


Now we’ve stopped again to admire something about wader birds on a wooden post. Just looks like a good place a for p**.



I particularly liked the walk through the kennels / cattery and that place called Fishpond Wood. Didn’t see any fish though.



This is the bit I like, sitting outside with a well behaved owner in the sunshine at a pub getting tonnes of strokes with “free dog grog on tap”. Now we’re talking. The bipeds are getting in soup, pies and chips. If I put on 'The Eyes' I could clean up.


Or not, as the case may be.


At least the bipeds thanked the AONB office for paying for lunch and Rob Light for leading the walk.

I’m not sure I like the sound of a winter walk.

Back to the cage in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment